This article is an essay about my goals and Walden University vision and mission. Study it to learn how to write an essay about your goals and Walden University’s vision and mission and gain insights into how you can get expert my goals and Walden University’s vision and mission essay writing help.
The Assignment: Discussion: Networking Opportunities
In this module, you begin laying the foundation for your academic and professional success. Your efforts begin with a vision that includes your own definition of success. Your vision may vary from those of your colleagues, but this does not mean you have to take these first steps alone.
Walden University and the College of Nursing also have a vision and mission, which include helping you to make your own vision a reality. Members of your new academic community, such as faculty, support teams, and fellow students, can also be helpful. Current practitioners and other members of the professional community can also help you to clarify your vision. My Goals and Walden University Vision and Mission Discussion Essay
This Module’s Discussion asks you to consider how the Walden mission and vision as well as the College of Nursing’s mission and vision apply to your professional and academic goals. You will also begin to identify individuals and teams who can help you along the way as you begin designing the “blueprint”—your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan—that will guide you toward your own vision for academic and professional success.
- Review the Walden and College of Nursing mission and vision statements, Walden’s goals and University Outcomes, and the MSN Program Learning Outcomes presented in this Module’s Learning Resources.
- Reflect on your professional and academic goals as they relate to your program/specialization.
- Consider how the information in these resources fit with your own goals and to your becoming a scholar-practitioner My Goals and Walden University Vision and Mission Discussion Essay.
- Also, consider academic and professional individuals and teams with whom you may collaborate in support of your efforts as a student at the university and as a professional within your organization and career.
The Assignment Solution: My Goals and Walden University Vision and Mission Discussion Essay
My objectives and the vision and mission of Walden University
I’ve been a nurse for a few months and realized it was time to develop my career in order to reach my academic, professional, and personal objectives. During the last semester of my first undergraduate degree, I got interested in the subject of nursing. I knew I wanted to be a public health advocate, but I didn’t know nursing could provide me with so many opportunities until a fantastic friend and professor pushed me to look into it. I wanted to be challenged, so I chose the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) program. I wanted to contribute to a field where I feel women are underrepresented.
After a year of researching PMHNP programs, I decided on Walden University for numerous reasons. My elder sister, who is in her last year at Walden, was the one who first told me about it. I admired how she managed to balance her studies, career, and care for her family while receiving her PMHNP. Following up on my investigation, I discovered that Walden’s commitment to helping a diverse collection of academics accomplish their professional goals meant there was room for a Nigerian woman like myself (Walden University, n.d.). Walden’s vision drew me in because I share his perspective on education and its capacity to turn brains into leaders who can develop our society (Walden University, n.d.).
Another reason I chose Walden was that their College of Nursing Vision said that the school strives to deliver “academically rigorous and culturally and contextually relevant” nursing education (Walden University, n.d. para. 5). As I previously said, I chose the PMHNP program because it is a demanding area, and I wanted a school that would match that challenge. Walden’s nursing school, in their perspective, will give me a setting in which I may be an expert in my area while also making it relevant to our culturally varied society.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Outcome
One of the goals of the Walden MSN program is to train healthcare clinicians who can adopt cost-effective treatment to eliminate healthcare inequities (Walden University, n.d.). Health care workers may use evidence-based practices to develop efforts to reduce healthcare inequalities, according to the Centers for Disease Control (n.d.). One of the reasons I picked the PMHNP program was to eliminate healthcare inequities.
I want to work in health care to close the gap in the types of treatment people may get depending on whether they reside in a rural or urban setting, regardless of color, gender, age, or medical requirements. Another result of the MSN program that I am interested in is Walden’s obligation to employ its graduates to educate the public about their health (Walden University, n.d.). I feel that nurses can play an important role in teaching the public about healthy lifestyle choices that avoid injury.
A Social Change Vision
I’ve made it my duty to fight for social justice for women and children since my first college degree. It’s inspirational that Walden has the goal to affect social change via their students’ education. The institution pledges to encourage and recognize students who develop innovative solutions to pressing global concerns (Walden University, n.d.). Walden is the place for me to be and feed my desire to see positive changes in my areas of interest.
Only 10% of Nurse Practitioners licensed in Minnesota, where I reside, are located in rural regions, according to the Minnesota Department of Health (2015). With my work as a PMHNP at Walden, I want to be a part of that 10%. I want my experience at Walden to represent the steps I take as a person and as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner in the future.
Do not hesitate to contact our professionals at Writingservice.net if you feel you need help with your my goals and Walden University’s vision and mission essay assignment even after going through our essay example guide.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is a good mission statement for a nurse?
As a registered nurse, it is my responsibility to provide competent and compassionate care to all patients and family members. For the rest of my career, I pledge to stay informed, honest, and professional.
2. What is a vision statement in nursing?
Your nursing vision is different from your purpose in that it is more of a picture of what you want to achieve via your nursing service. Your vision encapsulates your dreams, ambitions, and high ideas that define not just who you are as a nurse, but also where you want to go.
3. What is a mission and vision?
A mission statement explains what the organization does, what its goals are, and how it plans to achieve them. A vision statement defines the organization’s intended future status. Mission and vision statement elements are often combined to provide a declaration of the organization’s objectives, goals, and values.
- Centers for Disease Control. (n.d.). Strategies for reducing healthcare disparities. https://www.cdc.gov/minorityhealth/strategies2016/index.htm
- Minnesota Department of Health. (2015, August). RHAC brief: Nurse practitioners in rural Minnesota-results of an employer survey. https://www.health.state.mn.us/facilities/ruralhealth/rhac/docs/npbrief.pdf
- Walden University. (n.d.). College of Nursing. Retrieved June 1, 2020, from https://www.waldenu.edu/about/colleges-schools/college-of-nursing
- Walden University. (n.d.). Master of Science in nursing. Retrieved June 1, 2020, from https://catalog.waldenu.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=172&poid=67151&returnto=62482
- Walden University. (n.d.). Social change. Retrieved June 1, 2020, from https://www.waldenu.edu/about/social change
- Walden University. (n.d.). Vision, mission, and goals. Retrieved June 1, 2020, from https://catalog.waldenu.edu/content.php?catoid=172&navoid=59420